Oct 18, 2008

Three Generations...


This picture was taken on the 'Mile High ' bridge at Grandfather Mountain, North Carolina. The mountain is the highest mountain in Eastern America.
My Wandering thoughts stop for a moment of absolute amusement when I look at the way this picture is captured.
I am standing near the entry of the bridge, looking nonchantly ahead, giving a slanted smile at my friend who is clicking me, and suddenly....behind me , three ladies walk by...making their way out of the bridge. What amuses me is the moment...a very old lady is in the front, her stance and shoulders stooped low, with a hat on her head....carrying on the last steps towards the exit....behind her a relatively younger woman is following her ..her stance is more watchful but less careful...and behind her is a very young woman ...looking straight, upright...full of energy and full of life....
They may be related to each other...like the grandmother, her daughter, and her daughter....or may be not....but in this one sheer moment of surprise...I have three generations of American women walking past me....well, thats what I call a moment of life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails