Oct 5, 2008

"Jaane Tu..."



Yesterday Night, I finally saw "Jaane Tu .."
And I went smiling into my sleep.

A feel good movie full of beautiful moments and simple emotions..
layered with doses of hilarious anecdotes ...and some soothing melodies ...

I loved the crisp narrative, oh so natural backdrop, great performances by the all so new faces ....everything jelled into a refreshing 'old' tale , told in a chic ' new' way...kudos to everyone for pulling out a cool show...never letting me fade my smile or nibble my heart at those touchy moments....

Genelia's accent was an attraction, her eyes beaming, Imran was 'expectedly' super cool and the entire clan of hiphopper partypopper youngsters fitted gud in their clothes ...though it seemed it was a modern urban 'upper' middle class youth of today...completely unabashed by reality check ...I never lived that part of my youth , never knew how it goes...but I can identify..as a spectator.

Cameos by Naseeruddin , Sohail and Arbaaz were comic capers...kudos to the director by making even nonsense seem so sensible :)

Loved Manjari Fadnis 's portrayal...she was genuinely vulnerable and adorable...
her dialogues came naturally, her eyes expressed and her interlude with Imran in the rainy night was touche'.

The moment where she comes to meet last with Imran in his room, those last words ...

"Whats This?" ...."Its a good bye" . Sheer magic.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails