Oct 11, 2008

Born Critics?


I have been wondering this for a long time..so I want to just put it down here…

why cant we appreciate things…why we shy away from saying ‘well done’ . why do we have to just ‘run out of words’ when we know that our words would matter most to the one who deserves it. on the contrary , when we dislike something, oh common , ask me and I ll tell u how much I hated it…it was hell…it was terrible, damn it!...wow…ask us and we can go on and on criticizing . we ‘love’ criticizing ..pointing fingers at others…oh that feeling is such a relief…when u throw ur anger at the other…just to prove how justified ur action is …well, deep inside u know u r saying it to urself, “hmm…I know he’s got a point…but whatever!”

We hate when our managers don’t appraise us properly or ‘befittingly’…we curse them..’Man! He is such a nerd...he does not know how to appreciate our hard work. Helll!” …and when we are asked to look at a piece of art...a sketch, a story, a fine piece of writing…we go dumb. …”oh well, its nice. “….

so the word ‘nice’ says it all…wow…look at the man who made it , who wrote it….who spent hours behind the idea …..oh he must be a freak..Isn’t it…who’s got time anyway!

why cant we just spent some time on some creative piece of art…some writing..why do we have to rush????....oh yeah…give me a 'chetan bhagat' anyday…I ll not even skip a word///but don’t give me a friend’s or a colleague’s original idea…u know….its so boring…because its not popular..its not published….so we all know chetan bhagat…or salman rushdie…have we ever met them personally? …oh..whats that for?...well, u have to confront ur friend everyday…how easy it wud be to let him know he’s done a fabulous job…a ‘thanks for sharing’ note….but no need…actually….cmon its okay to take him for granted…

we hate to appreciaye ..bcos we envy his art…we cant appreciate the fact that we cant do the same as him/her….so just let it be..isnt it ?....eventually he'll die of ignorance.

Those who read it till here might be thinking..oh cmon ..dont take it too hard man! it doesnt make any difference to anyone..does it? Yeah, I know it doesnt..but let me put this off my chest!

I wrote this blog and sent an email to people I knew…..hoping they wud spent some time…alas!....nobody even dared touched it…..leave alone tell me that they v got my mail..cruel…we all are cruel to each other….…just ask urself…..am I asking for ur money??

am just asking for ur time…a little time out of ur oh so busy schedule….oh so u v got software programs to run, send the daily report…so do I ?....what if if u ever wanted to tell me ur feedback…say some years later…when u finally read my email….and then …..i was not there….may be dead….

post it to my grave.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails