Oct 8, 2008

'Challa'....The Ring.

I have heard the original punjabi folksong 'Challa' numerous times before, and after each time...I wonder who wrote the immortal song....it transports me to a different land. Now Rabbi Shergill comes with a refreshing new version of the song in his soothing baritone , a classic new rendition in his new album
'avengi ja nahi'..
the 'challa'....still immor
tal....here it goes....
following lines are my favorite....heart wrapped.

Chhalla gut ik lammi (The ring a long braid )
Asan supne chummi (I kissed it in my dream )
Hoi neeyat si anni (The desire had gone blind)
Asan dil di si manni( But I listened to my heart )
Ve gall sun chhallia (Listen my love )
Hun de lai jehrhi deni ey sazaa (Now punish me as you will )

(Watch the video of this song on Youtube )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails