Feb 24, 2009

"I Choose Love and I am Here"

AR Rehman, music composer, after winning 2 Oscars at 81st Academy Awards in LA.

His name was announced, walked up on to the stage, accepted his first Oscar for the Best Original Score and said, "Before coming, I was excited and terrified. The last time I felt like that was during my marriage.".....There's a dialogue from a Hindi film called "Mere paas ma hai," which means "I have nothing but I have a mother," so mother's here, her blessings are there with me. I am grateful for her to have come all the way....."

The music maestro walked up on stage again for his second Oscar for The Best Original Song 'Jai Ho' which he received and made him the only celebrity at the 81st Academy Awards to win two Oscars.

In his acceptance speech, the shy musician said, "I just want to thank again the whole crew of SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, especially Danny Boyle for giving such a great opportunity. And the whole, all the people from Mumbai. The essence of the film which is about optimism and the power of hope in the lives, and all my life I had a choice of hate and love. I chose love and I'm here. God bless".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truly amazing moment when i saw Mr. Rehman with two golden boys... . Two Oscars, pretty loving wife and MAA ofcourse, what else a man want :).. Rehman sir rockssssss... JAI HO

Related Posts with Thumbnails