Nov 8, 2008

Meeting The President ....

That evening I stood with Mr. George Washington. The evening of 27 the July, 2007.

The light was fading, and the rain swept SC State House , Columbia was ever more majestic.
I stood there , with the rain drops from the slight drizzle covering me in a purple haze.



George Washington’s bronze statue towers the grounds in front of the SC State House Capitol.
Union soldiers brick-batted the statue and broke the cane in 1865.


" Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light. "


"I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an Honest Man. "

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. "

"Friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation. "


"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth. "

"The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves. "


And this one is my favorite :

" It is better to be alone than in bad company. "


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails