Nov 15, 2008

Love...Undercover...



I Think I love you, keep it under cover, keep it under cover,

I was nine at my first rhyme took a shine to her
I was young, parents dint mind me spending time with her.
I met her at this party
Am I lying?
-Yea I am lying,
What I am tryin to say is that I met her around mine.
There was curry in the air; I could smell the masala,
Around the time Gurdas Mann came out with Challa
I am taking you way back when the rain was purple
Before Michael Jackson became controversial
She would dance with me, tell me about the places she had been
People that she had loved and everything in between,
And I would listen to her, and so would every body else
Sometimes I wish I could keep her to myself.
So I spent time with her, just me n her alone
Have to keep the noise down while my parents came home.
It was nothing nasty I only loved her like a brother,
But still I had to keep it under cover.


I Think I love you, keep it under cover, keep it under cover, keep it under cover
I Think I love you, keep it under cover, keep it under cover,

In my teens I was checking her a little less discrete
And I started falling for her deeply
But not completely, I loved her the way she spoke
My parents knew about it but they act like they didn’t know
I was told now that I was getting a little bit older
I should focus on my studies and that I should let her go
But what
-hold up what they don’t understand
Is that the future I am planning and hoping for; damn
Damn, they told me that she is not reliable,
I know that they hate her but they dint have to call her a liar too
So I finished with her, she kept calling me back
Always at the same parties and wedding I was at
I got back with her but we are on a more serious thing,
If my folks found out they would do a furious ****
But to me she was everything, more than a lover
But still I had to keep it under cover.

I Think I love you, keep it under cover, keep it under cover, keep it under cover
I Think I love you, keep it under cover, keep it under cover,

Now I am splitting my time between studying and her,
Working hard at uni, but I know which one I prefer,
She’s helped through the highs and lows
I would like to know if I could go on and ride the flow, inside her sole, the night is cold.
But she’s not here; I truly need her in my life
Hoping that one day she could be the one who I make my wife
But the folks don’t know, they want my marriage arranged
Cos they believe that their kids life should be the same,
A doctor, lawyer, pharmacist or business studies
If I did IT then they wouldn’t have to worry
But I been in love since I was nine years old
Couldn’t live life without her cos she was my sole.
She respects our culture and other cultures too
Represents what’s true,
They don’t see my point of view
We got a mutual trust and I would never abuse it
Cos the women I am in love with is music, music!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails