Jan 4, 2009

Rear Vision...




As I look back at 2008, there are a few things that I can see clearly , some are still hazy and some quite dark. I just sort them out .

Clear Vision 

I started writing. Again. My last story was 'The End of Beginning' , which I finished writing while I was in college hostel. That was the year 2002. My Final Year of Engineering. And after 6 long years, I started this story. "An American Rendezvous". My biggest date with storytelling , I divided this tale into 5 parts . I finished the first two parts and shared it with a number of people, including my oldest buddy , my US colleagues and some of  my newest friends.  

I got some tremendous reviews. Most of them liked it , some of them criticized the narrative of part one while overall, it was a fabolous experience of typing the story and sharing it through emails and recieving feedback through chats, emails and over telephone. 
I was excited for most part of the year about the prospect of finishing it before the year finishes. 
The year won the race.

I started blogging. In September. An idea which was in my mind since a long long time. Almost since  2006. But I could convert it into a full reality only after I cleared my INS22 examination in early September.

Yes, INS22 was the toughest exam I had appeared for ,in recent time. I consider it a great achievement because I had to overcome a lot of mental depression and physical stress to concentrate and study. I celebrated my succesful result by unleashing and publishing my ideas into 5 (yes, 5) full bloodied blogspots. 

And I havent looked back since then, not on 'Wandering Thoughts' atleast. And am glad I have been recieving some comments on some of my posts. No matter, most of them are forced !

Hazy Vision.

I am still single. 
I dont know how long would this continue...but I want something to happen.am quite confused. 

I have to leave my current residence and I dont know where would I go...to a distant township or somewhere near my office. Very confused.

I did not finish my story. I wrote around 60 pages of part three of An American Rendezvous. But thats where I stopped , went almost blank and have not got that push to resume writing. I am still not clear whether I would or want to finish this story..Or Should I?  

Dark Vision

Health was poor. Throughout the year.

It was quite a depressing year personally , I mean for my heart . Very sad. Very emotionally preturbed. 

The job became from too hectic to too monotonous to too scary. AIG went bust. What next?

A few things around me baffled me . I mean, from an outwardly perspective. I consider them dark, because I have no idea about the whys. whos. hows.

I went to Jallandar. MY CITY for the 16  months that I lived there and worked and made myself a cockpit. O Whatever, the point is I went back to the city after 4 years and I expected to get back my book "The End Of Beginning" , which I had given to my ex-colleague over there. Who still stays there and she promised that my book was safe. Until that moment when I called her , there in the city, waiting to meet her and get back my book. She just....well, she just went blank.
Why? I have no clue!

I still dont know who killed Arushi , a teenage girl. Oh okay, nobody knows actually. The entire country was watching for a month. And then they were watching something else. What about Arushi? Okay, its with CBI. So Who?

Oh God I want to laugh this one out. " Dostana". A Hindi movie starring John Abraham, Abishek Bacchan and Priyanka Chopra got fab reviews and became a huge hit. Okay , fine. Even BAD films become hit. especially if they are from a famous KARAN johar. Anyways, what baffled me was it was called a 'family'movie which sensitised the Indian audience about GAYS. 
WOW. Well it did nothing except make a mockery of our taste for cheap stuff. So you have the two guys sleeping with their friends (anonymous girls) in the very first scene, John exposing his butt in the next and Abishek making silly , vulgar and cheap gestures about John 's one night stand in the third. Family movie, HOW?







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails